Infrastructure as Code
- Terraform – Provision Management
- Ansible – Automation and Configuration Management
- Hash Vault Plugin
- Terraform module
- blast radius – https://github.com/28mm/blast-radius
Perpetual Subscription Business Model
Subscription business are booming, the ability to easily subscribe using your credit card to a online service is an incredible opportunity. This is my research into the what makes a successful Subscription service.
- Content and global platform (SaaS)
- Payment Options or Freemium
- User Experience (easy to register, login and enter card details.)
- User engagement, rewards and retention
- The State Of The Subscription Economy, 2018
- Thinking inside the subscription box: New research on e-commerce consumers – https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/high-tech/our-insights/thinking-inside-the-subscription-box-new-research-on-ecommerce-consumers#0
- Subscription Businesses Are Exploding With Growth
- JB Hi-Fi, Ebay top most visited website lists
Biggest Private companies – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_private_non-governmental_companies_by_revenue
Top Apps on iTunes
Stephen Hawking’s final theory on black holes has been published, and you can read it for free
Black Hole Entropy and Soft Hair
Writing Statement of Works
A Statement of Work or Proposal is THE most important sales ‘artefacts’ to win any deal and absolutely the most important in terms of Post sales hygiene and successful customer engagement an satisfaction. Why, because it translate the sales to a legal serviceable contract.
Get your Plugs Right
Yeah yeah, everything is moving to the cloud, funny how some of the early adopters and coming back on premises.
Understand connectivity and validating the HCL, it is a vital part of solution design. I seen 400k worth of storage bought by a Director of Architecture for a Bank with the wrong plugs. So he bought a 400k brick..