CrowdStrike Intune deployment and MSI repackaging
CrowdStrike provides a .exe file for Sensor installation in Windows environments and it is light way does not require a reboot and very easy to deploy, however you may need to use a MSI package for some RMM and software deployment tools. Here is some basic instructions on how to get this going. CrowdStrike Support cannot assist with Microsoft Intune technical questions or troubleshooting. Use at your own risk*
- Repackaging Falcon Sensor for Windows .exe Installer as .msi Package is Unsupported
- https://supportportal.crowdstrike.com/s/article/Repackaging-Falcon-Sensor-for-Windows-exe-Installer-as-msi-Package-is-Unsupported This practice is not supported by CrowdStrike for the deployment of the Falcon Sensor for Windows.
- Deploy CrowdStrike Agent to Windows 10 via Intune as Line of Business (LOB) Application
- CrowdStrike MSI installer
- How to automatically deploy Crowdstrike Falcon-Sensor Agent to Windows devices
- The CrowdStrike Falcon Sensor is downloaded from within the Falcon Console in exe format.
- Microsoft Intune does not allow exe files to be deployed directly. Files must be converted to a supported format.
- This can be easily done by utilizing a Microsoft supplied utility known as the Microsoft Win32 Content Prep Tool, which available on GitHub here: https://github.com/microsoft/Microsoft-Win32-Content-Prep-Tool/blob/master/IntuneWinAppUtil.exe
- This command line tool will archive and compress the Falcon Sensor exe file into a .intunewim file, which will be uploaded into Intune and deployed to selected endpoints.
- Once converted, the process of deploying with Intune is fairly straightforward and quick.
- The software package created here can be used for both Installation and removal of the sensor through Microsoft Intune.
- The CrowdStrike Sensor deploys silently on all endpoints and does not require a reboot.
- The same Falcon Sensor is used for Servers and Workstations alike.